“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”
We will be be serving fresh breakfast munchies, hot coffee and juice before the Sunday service (10:45 AM) for all the special women in our lives.
Below are some wonderful creative ways to show appreciation for your mother:
- “Frame a special handwritten note or tribute.”
- Even little ones can give Mom a unique note with printed letters or crayon-colored pictures. Adult children may want to give their mothers an actual tribute.
- Take some time to retrieve some specific memories of things you did with your mom, which you remember but she may not. Reflect on them: what was important, significant, fun or memorable about them?
- Write those specific memories in a letter. If your mother is nearby, take her to lunch (or breakfast). Let her read the letter and then talk together about those specific memories.
- If your mother does not live nearby, send her the letter and follow it up with a phone call.
- If she is gone visit her final resting place and pray with her there.”
And of course, you, your mother and your family are invited to attend our special Mother’s Day celebration at 10:45 AM Salem UMC.