“Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad“
We will be be serving fresh breakfast brunch, hot coffee and juice before the Sunday service (10:45 AM) for all the special men in our lives.
Below are some wonderful creative ways to show appreciation for your father:
- Frame a special handwritten note or tribute.
- Even little ones can give Dad a unique note with printed letters or crayon-colored pictures. Adult children may want to give their father an actual tribute.
- Take some time to retrieve some specific memories of things you did with your Dad, which you remember but he may not. Reflect on them: what was important, significant, fun or memorable about them?
- Write those specific memories in a letter. If your father is nearby, take him to lunch (or breakfast). Let him read the letter and then talk together about those specific memories.
- If your father does not live nearby, send him the letter and follow it up with a phone call.
- If he is gone visit his final resting place and pray with him there.
And of course, you, your father and your family are invited to attend our special Father’s Day celebration at 10:45 AM at Salem UMC.